The Laudeman family purchased a Ford 9N tractor with a plow in 1941 for $895. They still have the original sales receipt. You can see the tractor in numerous pictures on this site and an many Valley View events. We still use the tractor to plow our community garden.
Historic Photos of the Gatch, Laudeman and Craver Families
The Laudeman family on the Ford 9N tractor in around 1960. Left to Right Phyllis Laudeman (Cafferky), Grandma Marie Laudeman, Joyce Laudeman (Antes), John Laudeman and Bob Laudeman.
This is a photo of one of the Laudeman ancestors on the farm during the harvest of wheat.
This is the first tractor on the Laudeman Farm. As you can see it was quite an improvised machine, including the gas tank that doubled as the seat. Times were different back then. This photo was likely taken during the Great Depression.
A steel truss bridge was built on South Milford Road over the East Fork to connect to Roundbottom Road in the early 1900s. This photo was likely taken at the grand opening of the bridge. Valley View is in the background. This bridge was replaced in the late 1990s.
This steam tractor and "Freddie. H" are pictured on what is today Terrace Park Country Club. This photo is believed to have been taken around 1900.
This picture is taken on what is now Terrace Park Country Club's gold course. The East Fork River can be seen in the background.
This photo likely taken in in 1921 and shows a steam engine in operation. The large leather belt was connected to other equipment such as a thresher to separate wheat that was harvested by hand in the fields from the chaff.
This photo from the Cravers is actually dated to 1921. It shows the threshing operation with wheat drawn in from the fields on horse drawn wagons. The thresher was connected to the steam engine in the prior photo.
Valley View Foundation • PO Box 389 Milford Ohio 45150 • 513.218.1098 • email@example.com